The ASEAN Smart Cities Network (ASCN) has been established as a collaborative platform where up to three cities from each ASEAN member state, including capitals, work towards the common goal of smart and sustainable urban development. The primary goal of the Network is to improve the lives of ASEAN citizens, using technology as an enabler.
Specifically, the ASCN aims to:
- facilitate cooperaiton on smart cities development.
- Catalyse bankable projects with the private sector.
- Secure funding and support from ASEAN's external partners.
The Action Plans for each of the 25 participating cities have been released, highlighted the priorities and support each city is seeking, along with the details of the smart cities contact officer for each city.
The ASCN Concept Note outlining the initiative is provided below, along with the smart cities actions plan's for each city.
There is more to this story...
Your free subscription unlocks resources that help make cities like yours become more livable, workable and sustainable:
1. Smart Cities Readiness Guide
2. Smart Cities Council newsletter
3. Smart Cities Council Readiness Challenge
Don’t lose your access to the world’s leading collection of smart cities resources. Renew your free access by creating your profile today.