The City of Melbourne is inviting all eligible entrepreneurs, individuals, universities, researchers, startup, scaleups and established organisations to submit their pitches on how they might contribute to bringing life back into the city by reimaging experiences, places and spaces.
Following the City's hugely successful 5G and IoT testbed over the past few years (and continuing), this new challenge sets the scene for innovators to be part of yet another leadership opportunity that will have lasting impact and help strengthen wellbeing, prosperity and sustianability in the City.
The City is looking for proactive solutions that bring life back into the city in a way that considers the seven aspirational values of a future Melbourne with the ability to deliver results within 12 months.
These aspirations are for... "in the future, Melbourne...
- Is healthy and safe
- Supports businesses, entrepreneurs and creatives to prosper in an ever-changing environment
- Draws people to it with vibrancy, activity, open space and amenity
- Leads in technology, digital and data provision
- Deeply involves the community as it recovers and evolves
- Is inclusive, accessible and affordable
- Stimulates collective action on climate change."
City of Melbourne’s Emerging Technology Testbed, provides the partnerships, processes and digital and physical spaces to reimagine what Melbourne could be by leveraging these values whilst considering current context and longer term strategic objectives.
Further information and applications can be made here.
Expressions of interest close February 19th at 11:59pm AEDT.