Welcome to 2018. It's a year for smart cities investment, action and impact. And we have created a plan to help government, business and the community engage in the smart cities movement.
Smart Cities Council ANZ is seeking feedback on its draft three year Strategic Plan 2018-2020. We would love to hear from you on how we can help supercharge the smart cities marketplace in Australia and New Zealand.
Our Strategy is underpinned by a vision of accelerating liveability, workability and sustainability outcomes for our cities, regions and towns, and their citizens and businesses. Our core priorities include building the readiness of government and demand-side private sector industries to invest in smart cities technologies and building actionable intelligence through data analytics. We also continue to pursue our commitment to advancing the role of smart cities technology in creating positive social impact, particularly for our communities most vulnerable populations.
Our actions are clearly nested in four key pillars - Inform, Educate, Convene and Advocate. We believe these are critical in building a movement, along with a clear theory of change.
Building greater demand for smart cities investment by creating and sharing quality information remains at the core of our efforts. If we can build awareness, and an appreciation for the smart cities business case, we can grow demand, and deploy. We then need to build our capability to scale and replicate. Only then will we transform our cities to be more liveable, workable and sustainable.
Some key actions and initiatives we want to highlight within the draft Plan include:
- the Smart Cities Chronicles - our new project tracking the smart cities journey of eight local government organisations across ANZ
- TwentyMinute Cities - a library of video interviews with smart cities leaders about smart cities projects, programs and plans, in 20 minutes
- The Code for Smart Communities - a reference guide for implementing smart urban development projects, containing principles, metrics and best practices
- Smart Cities Week Australia - a portfolio of conference experiences that inspire smart cities action and networking across an emerging region
- We Build Smart Cities - under development with government and industry, this is our blueprint for a national smart cities policy framework for Australia for 2019 and beyond
We welcome your feedback, and would love to hear from you. You can email comments to Adam Beck (email@example.com) or call to discuss on +61 (0)422 496 043.
We want to make sure we provide adequate time to engage our partners and supporting stakeholders, so will accept comments up until 28th February 2018.
We are building a smart cities movement. Join us.